Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Uncle danny, and the demon fish

I must say friends, ALICE AND I ARE AS HAPPY as these two homeless men we saw outside the Eastside Jaycees Pool and Arcade laughing, and joking, and washing their underwear in the public drinking fountain!

I LOVE TO SWIM! Back in Finland, I swam so much that Mother told me I was “banned” from The River Gulad until I was 36!, (the legal age where a parent can divorce their child)


It turns out that Alice is not so excited by the swimming. She is adventurous in her art performances, but when it comes to Swim Tyme!, she makes precautions. The goggles protect her eyes from being "gouged out and eaten", she says.

She has a little bit of a fear of FISHIES! due to some joke her uncle played on her when she was young. Her Uncle Danny thought it’d be funny to drop a gold fish into her bath, and tell her he didn’t know if it was a “harmless goldfish”, or a “flesh-eating demon fish”, and then left to make a phone call.

I think that really affected her.

No comments: